The International Stem Cell Initiative (ISCI) is a worldwide collaborative effort to establish a consensus on basic criteria and techniques that will underpin the eventual development of applications for human embryonic stem (hES) cells in human induced pluripotent stem (hiPS) cells in human medicine. The work has been carried out in several phases (ISCI1, ISCI2, ISCI3), supported by international workshop meetings.
- Project overview and structure
- Use the Stem Cell Registry – browse by stem cell lines or laboratories
- ISCI-1 – antigen and gene exprerssion patterns of hES cells
- ISCI1 Data Set
- ISCI-2 – comparison of culture media and genetic changes that occur during prolonged growth of hES and hiPS cells
- ISCI-3 – development of consensus protocols for assessing pluripotency